Back and Ready for more.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No Problemo. If I turn my 10g to a SW, I'm going to have a hard time choosing between those 5 lol and a whole lotta othas lol

Thanks for the link thom, however, 300$ for a 10G light fixture just won't happen lol, as much as i would want it to. I'm most likely going with the 2x40W PC Satellite fixture as it's definitely in my budget, and i have faith in the PC lights since the 10G is pretty shallow. Plus taking in to consideration that it's going to be even shallower since the sandbed and placement of coral on the rocks.

Also, could i use one koralia 2 instead of 2 koralia 1's or nanos? If not, would two koralia nanos work out fine for the 10g?

I would just go with 2 Maxi-Jet 400's, or 2 Maxi-Jet 600's. It is better to split the flow between 2 pumps rather than have just one, and two of any Koralia sizes would be extreme overkill in a 10g.

I read in the online manual for the current 2x40 (I was trying to find the bulbs) and it said to only use the lighting with a covered tank even though it has a splash guard. Although wouldn't that compromise the oxygen exchange, lowering the ph? But without it there would also be a lot of evaporation (as I have seen from just leaving the lid open on my 10g qt. Went down 2 " within a week) but that could be solved by a top off every other day or so, or an ATO system. So would you or wouldn't you need it? I'm guess you wouldn't, but then why would they say you would? Lol

a1, thats probably a legal disclaimer in case the fixture itself were to fall in the tank.. it would be alot harder for it to if there was something between it and the water

Back
Top Bottom