Back in the Saddle!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SquishyFish

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone! Feels good to be back. Our tank crashed (due to the movers) about 7 months ago. Kim and I finally were in a position to get it back up and running. We did a 50gal water change and got a new clean up crew...As well as a few cool new fish.

Now..my question. I know that last year there was a debate on keeping softies (leathers and mushrooms specifically) and SPS in the same tank due to the toxins released into the water by the softies. The purposed solution was a combination of carbon, skimming, and water changes. Something most of us do on a regular basis anyway.

What is the general consensus now? Is it considered to be a non issue? Or do the toxins inhibit the growth of the sps?

Bump!

Or does that mean that no one knows? I know Bang, ReefRunner, and Scuba Steve should be up on it!

I keep a mixture of zoos, softies, LPS and SPS. My SPS's seem to be doing fine. I have a staghorn and a tri-color acro that are growing like crazy. I have 4 different leathers as well. I have heard that sinularia can be pretty mean to other corals but it seems to be fine for me right now. Only problem I have is some of the softies are getting too big and I need to frag them or get rid of them.

I do try to run carbon 24/7 though. I am sure it is an issue with chemical warfare but I think it can be done as long as corals are allowed room. My tank is going on 1.5 years so I am no expert but everything is growing so far.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom