Back in the tank game....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sitting here waiting for ups so I can get my new skimmer in the sump.... I hate this.... Lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Skimmer running for break in.... They recommend 24 hrs like this....

Attachments

• 1393533858351.jpg
    1393533858351.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 109
That is an interesting thought on breaking a skimmer in. You'll have to let us know if it works! I never thought about doing it like that, but do let it run like that when I dump the cup. Wouldn't the inside of the cup need broken in too, as the breaking in period is also part of working the insides of the skimmer in after production, or am I over thinking it?

Also not supposed to adjust the air for 2 weeks.... Hope o have a fish in it by then....

I am sure you are right that might be y I can't adjust the air for 2 weeks

Wow must say this Skimmer is crazy good only a few hrs running and it's pulling like this didn't think there would be anything to pull out with nothing in the tank

Attachments

• 1393614341797.jpg
    1393614341797.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 118
My skimmer was pulling stuff out right after the cycle without any fish in it too lol. Guess there are more organics in the water than we think. :)

Just over 24 hrs of this running and look at all the good stuff it's pulling

Attachments

• 1393755001346.jpg
    1393755001346.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 141
Got first 2 fish in the tank.... Will have pics up when they get acclimated to the tank and start swimming around

Well a little bummed.... The wife went and got me my 2 clowns today and was so nice to get them all set up and drip them for about 1 1/2 hrs.... Witch was nice considering she hates the whole fish tank thing.... But I come home to find one has jumped and died.... Little bummed out by it.... Cuz she worked so hard to get them and put them in the tank.....

Aww sorry about your clown. I lost many a clown fish to jumping. Took a few times before i made a screen top to cover the tank. Fingers crossed, havent had a jumper since then.

Yeah it was so upsetting to my daughter that I had to go get another one....

Attachments

• 1394439044868.jpg
    1394439044868.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 95
Wow this is what it pulls with just 2 little clowns in there can't wait to see what it will do fully stocked....

Attachments

• 1394921687418.jpg
    1394921687418.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 99
Ok going to go a different direction with coral.... I am going to make this a softie and LPS tank..... So I got the current Orbit Marine LED light..... Might build an sps tank after this tank.... But for now this is how I am going.....

I was thinking about ricordias chilie pepper corals some leather coral and just odd stuff I don't see in tanks very often

Also like zoas allot so I will have to get some of them to.... But really want off the wall stuff

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

So I went to my lfs and got 4 frags.... Went with a green trumpet 2 zoa frags and pink pulsating zinya..... Let's see how this turns out

Back
Top Bottom