Back to square one

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

X the Outsider

Aquarium Advice Freak
I found a new home for the puffer, but it was too late for the lion. He died a few days later. So now I have two damsels, and nothing else. So I was thinking about jawfish. Does anyone have any suggestions for my 29 gallon FO?

well the jawfish being added to a tank with two damsels wont go over to well ! they are very shy fish that really should be the first fish in the tank so they can make their homes with out being bothered ! then ya could add a damsel with out issues ! other than that mabe 1 clown and id say that enough fish for that tank :)

I took the damsels back to the LFS. I put in two pearl jawfish, and a week after I put in two percula clowns to finish my tank. All is well the jawfish have three burrows, and the clowns swim side by side most of the time. The jawfish on occasion will swim next to the clowns until I walk by the tank, and then they dart in a burrow.

What kind of substraight do you have? Jaw fish love pieces of shells to make there homes with. I bought some shells from the craft store, boiled them then put them in a zip lock bag and crushed them with a hammer. I put the small pieces in my tank and the JF loved them, they even used a piece for a door to there home .... very cool fish..

I have CC, and most it is in good size pieces for them. I have a friend coming back from Florida, and I'm hoping she'll remember some shells from the ocean. I'll probably boil those, and crush them as well. Their burrows right now are so elaborate. I can't believe those two little guys can do so much work. They seem to have made a permanent home under a fake coral with holes all around to peek out of.

Back
Top Bottom