Background on tank or no?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm actually not sure if the news story I read was legit or not. Since I can't read Swedish it was difficult to try and verify. I did find it mentioned in two sources, was about a year or two ago, but when I tried to find the articles again recently I was unable.

My theory was that fish will be afraid of what might attack them through the glass, but a solid background gives them a visually safe place they know they can't be attacked from.

Actually it is true. Due to similar law it is illegal to sell fish bowls in Hungary so Sweden is not the only one.

I've learned quite a few things from this thread. :-D

I think I'm gonna go with backgrounds for my fishies sake. LOL

Just gotta decide on color now. Black is the easy choice in fw but in sw it's not as easy of a choice

I've always liked the blue background. On my old reeftank, I used a Krylon(?) spray paint can and painted the back exterior of the fishtank. It held up great for 9 years (reef) and seemed to brighten up the tank and look good with the layers of purple coralline.

Well the time has come for me to decide! I just picked up a 6 foot 125g tank and it will be sw. I'm torn between painting it black or maybe a deep blue.... I have a few days since I still need to clean it up some.

if you decide to paint it, I got mine from home depot just got the sample can had them mix it covers 6 sq feet had enough to paint another back after doing my 55g

onething I love about painted tanks, is the paint stays, dont have to worry about fixing the background when it falls

125g ... I'm jealous! Deep Blue would more accurately mimick the deeper blue ocean setting of SW.

Yep, I like the deep blue alot. But since it's paint you never quite know what it's gonna look like on glass and when it dries.

has anyone else done a dark blue? I'm thinking a royal blue kinda shade, not the light blue that they use in fish stores. lol

Back
Top Bottom