Background on tank or no?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Regarding backgrounds,I use the blue tape on,the other side is black so I can switch it if I want.Why paint on a background when you can do the tape on.You have the option of easy change or to remove it all together .IMO the background does focus the lighting for more pop.

Regarding the Sweden law- I thought Sweden was very liberal as far as nudity goes,can't believe they would pass a law against aquarium nudity. LOL

i wonder what the reasoning behind the law was and whose idea it was to pass it lol

maybe there is some benefit to fish? Some folks go a bit overboard sometimes.

I think I may stick with the black background now. It seems to keep the light IN the tank rather than all around it, plus it makes everything POP in side.

Thanks guys for all your responses, it's nice knowing what the rest of the forum is doing as far as this subject.

I have a black background on mine too, I totally agree that it makes colours pop out more. I cut up our new black bed sheet for mine because I didn't want anything that permanent either. I thought my mrs was going to go crazy because im always taking things apart and using things for my tank lol.

LOL. Well it got the job done, albeit a bit more expensive! I'm going to look at 2 tanks tonight a 125g and 135g and if I get one I'll have to decide.
I'm leaning towards painting it black. Latex paint would come right off wouldnt' it? I'm not sure what I painted my 125g with but it sure wouldn't come off now without a lot of work :-D

I have fw aquarium, but there is no way I would not have background. I have 3D one and my fish love it not to mention myself :)

i wanna black background!! it'd make my white fish stand out. too bad i have blue already on there and im afraid id mess it up if i took it off

My tank has a blue background made of blue acrylic. It makes up the back side of my tank. What!!!lol

I have fw aquarium, but there is no way I would not have background. I have 3D one and my fish love it not to mention myself :)

If I had the money or was at all DIY inclined I would totally have the 3d background on my cichlid tank. I love them. You have a picture of yours? Did you buy it or make it yourself?

i wonder what the reasoning behind the law was and whose idea it was to pass it lol

I'm actually not sure if the news story I read was legit or not. Since I can't read Swedish it was difficult to try and verify. I did find it mentioned in two sources, was about a year or two ago, but when I tried to find the articles again recently I was unable.

My theory was that fish will be afraid of what might attack them through the glass, but a solid background gives them a visually safe place they know they can't be attacked from.

I've noticed all my holding females usually tend to hang out near the black background. Same thing with my fry tank. Guess there may be something to that after all, just never really gave it that much thought. lol

Well Sweden has always been neutral ,I guess they want the fish to feel protected.Can't believe I am actually discussing this.LOL

Back
Top Bottom