Bacterial Bloom!!! NOOOO!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coralAnn

Aquarium Advice Activist
I live in the suburbs of Little Rock, Arkansas
Does anyone know how long it takes for a bacterial bloom to clear??? Since my Coco worm died, a white haze has appeared. You can see it actually "blowing" like smoke in the current. Ughhh!!! Is there anything I can do??? I did a water change, and that didn't help. This tank just finished cycling...I was gonna make it a bigger qt tank but after I put my sick Coco worm in there, it's nice and "smokey." I can't put anything in that...they wouldn't be able to breathe!!! Oh...woe is me :-((

Well...I've got charcoal in my filter media. Do you think I should add more??? I can add more I guess...YES!!! I'll do it now!!! Thank You!!! :)

Ok...I'm an idiot...carbon and charcoal aren't the same thing...are they???lol

How long has it been in the tank? Carbon doesn't last long so I don't run it all the time so I can save some money. It will remove all the chemicals in your tank then it will start releasing it back in if not changed all the time.

Sorry just seen your question
carbon I believe is part of charcoal but not sure ive never looked it up

Last edited:
I found an extra sachet of charcoal in my storage cabinet. I piled it on top of the existing filter ( gotta do what I gotta do right? Lol). Overnight...the water has almost cleared!!! YAY!!! Happy Dance!!! Once again...Thank You for your utter intelligence!!!

Back
Top Bottom