Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-27-2003, 02:23 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic
What about the corners you cut off your DIY hood with the dremmel?! ...ok, I know that was stupid attempt at a joke!.....I was just tryin to lighten up the mood here . It is very easy to send the wrong message to other people while writing online and apparently that is what happened here. I remember your signature reading "cheap bastard" previously.....that gives off a very different messag than your new one "cheap but dilligent. I think Hara and the rest of the crew were just giving sound advice to somone they thought didn't really care and wanted to take the cheap way out.....Obviously that is not you.....But saying you are a cheap bastard and saying you are cheap but diligent are two very different things and they give off very different messages about what kind of person you are. Hopefully this misunderstanding hasn't turned you off to this site....everyone in here is more than willing to help out. It has helped me tremendously!!! I am still very new to this hobby and no matter how many dumb questions I ask....I always get a good (NICE) answer.

Old 08-27-2003, 02:26 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
There's nothing wrong with being frugal! I suppose in this forum we care deeply about the care of marine life and just want to warn you that keeping marine life is not an inexpensive prospect.

Many people think that they can spend a few hundred dollars and be done with it - but there are many many hidden costs associated with sw tanks - so people who come into this forum need to be aware that having a sw tank is not comparable to having a fw tank (with respect to expense).

Of course there is nothing wrong with shopping around, etc... Just remember that unless you be careful - and chose wisely - you end up getting what you paid for.

Please do not take our valid concerns/warnings as a personal attack on you - we just want to make sure you know what you are getting yourself into.

I think it's great that you built a top for your tank!!!

Old 08-27-2003, 08:45 PM   #13
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Unlike many of you I have the courage to admit some of my character traits.
I ask you to recall the user agreement you agreed to when you registered. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

But I guaranty you, I will pay less.
Hm you talk of arrogance of others yet you seem to sound rather arogant there yourself.

This thread is locked since its obvious you have nothing other than attack what others have said.

Remember dont tap the glass, your fish will think you're an idiot -Anonymous mother

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Closed Thread

30 gallon, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com