Bad aquarium day...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmb4516

Aquarium Advice Regular
It's been a bad aquarium day for me...

Last night we get a power surge of some sort and it fries my PC lighting somehow, had to replace both bulbs.

This makes me grumpy, but not ticked off yet. This morning when I get up, I start feeding my fish, and after about 5 minutes I still haven't seen yellow-headed sleeper goby. Now I'm thinking he's just moving a little late this morning and I start looking around for him. I finally found him, half inside half outside my Volitan's mouth. Now my lion is still realatively small and my sleeper was almost seven inches, and this really ticked me off. I mean, the lion wouldn't come near full size comets when he was on live food and has been on frozen for awhile.

My first knee jerk reaction was to stick my hand in the tank and guess what. The dumb fish spikes me. Grrr... It took just about every bit of patience I could summon to not flush him then and there. He's never gone after anything even close to that size before.

*sigh* Fortunately, I don't have anything close the the sleeper's size in the tank, but that was a $18 meal for the dumb lionfish.

Sorry for the loss, but it's hardly the lions fault.. it's what they do :wink:

I know how you feel man, my volitan ate one perc clown and a banded shrimp. :x So the way I look at it $70 for the lion, $24 for the perc, and $14 for the banded= $108. Theres no way i'm flushing that down the toilet 8O . Anyway he's got a new home of his own now, a 75gal all to himself. Also the bigger they get the more bada** they look :D , hang on to him.

Rich

You're lucky you aren't hypersensitive to the venom.. I know a couple people who have had serious reactions to getting spiked.

Back
Top Bottom