Bad Clown Behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwan

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a very healthy Clarkii behaving badly. As he gets older and more mature, his digging habit becomes more of a problem. He is digging deep craters into my sandbed. And is stirring up so much dust that my skimmer stops skimming and the sand will cover my corals. I have to clear the sand from my corals everyday. But his bad behavior continues.

Does anyone know how I can educate him? I have tried rearranging the rocks and corals? But he will just move to a different spot.

My maroon is just as distructive. I'm considering putting some egg crate into the sand in her usual spots so that she can't disturb the sand as much. I'm hoping that will at least ease the problems that I have with her behavior.

My husband is at his wits end with her and is ready to find her a new home. If she wasn't such a great fish otherwise I'd be on board with it, but she's got great personality. *sigh*

I have never thought of an egg crate, but sounds like a good idea. I'll give it a try. Like yourself, I find it hard to part with him cause he has such a great character and is probably one of the best looking fish in my tank.

Other people have put a flat piece of rock an inch under the sand where the digging is.

Back
Top Bottom