Bad LFS advice abounds...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was in Petco a couple of years ago (buying dogfood) and walked through the fish department. There was a guy there with two young kids. They were very excited. The guy had a cart with one of those All-in one SW 29gal tanks by Marineland. You know, the one that comes in a box with a picture on the front with gravel, freash water plants and LOADED with colorful SW fish. Sorry, I get a kick out of it whenever I see it. Anyhoo, the cart is loaded with all of the stuff you need to get a tank going. And the employee has just finished baging up two ocelars clowns and a small regal tang. So I started asking the guy questions, like I am really interested in these beautiful fish he is getting. the conversation lead it's way to cycling and so on. He did not get the fish that day and I got a very mean glare from the employee.
ready for another one...Same Petco. I am standing in line getting ready to check out when I a very angry guy comes in with three yellow-tailed blue damsels dead in a zip-lock bag. He said they only lasted 10min in his FW tank. :roll:

Kinda like muffler bearings I use it some times to see if someone really knows anything about cars
I do not know a lot about cars, but I can fill it up with gas, replace the wipers and I just learned how to change the blinker fluid. :lol:

Blinker fluid, you say... hmmm. Mine is probably all gunked up by now. No wonder the blinkers don't work. I knew that guy was wrong when he said I needed to change the bulbs.

Petco near where I live is horrible, I went in one time to check it out for the first time. Some of the tanks were half empty, all had alge, some with dead fish on the bottom (obviosly no special care). They had some damsels and one long nose butterfly and I felt so bad I bought him out of sympathy, he was a tough little guy RIP :cry: I dont think that store caries anymore saltwater fish

The local Petco comes to my LFS at least once a month to buy chemicals to treat their SW tanks. They seem to kill off all of their SW fish once a month :(

I finally found Muffler Bearings at Autozone! Boy were they expensive! $399.92 for a pair of them.

As for the money tree, I spotted a $1.00 bill starting to flower finally!

Back
Top Bottom