Bad lobster!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spontuzak

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone know what I can use as a good cuc, because I have a Reef Lobster that ate ALL of my hermits and seahair. Ugh, costly mistake again!! I have a terrible nuisance algae problem that regular pwc with RO top offs and the removal of phosphates with reduced lighting doesn't seem to be helping. I was hoping that a good cuc would help, till they were utterly wiped out. I've got a bunch of turbo snails that seem to be safe from the lobster. Should I get more TS? Or can something else be recommended that will be compatible with my reef lobster? Thanks for the feed back.

I would ditch the lobster to be honest. lol It already cost you money in your lost cuc. I;d hate to see what else it could eat....

Turbos are big snails and you dont want that many unless its a large tank. have you tried adding gfo? Do you run a sump or hang on back filter? What size is your tank?

carey said:
I would ditch the lobster to be honest. lol It already cost you money in your lost cuc. I;d hate to see what else it could eat....

Turbos are big snails and you dont want that many unless its a large tank. have you tried adding gfo? Do you run a sump or hang on back filter? What size is your tank?[/QUOTE

I've got a 45gal with a Fluval 305. This has been my first bad experience with the lobster in three years. so I hate to ditch it. Yes I'm using gfo to remove phosphate. I'm trying everything.

melosu58 said:
First of all I would read this battle plan for nuisance algea and act on it.

FantasyReef Databases-Viewing item "10 Step Plan for Nuisance Algae Control"

As far as the reef lobster I`ve had one for seven yrs and it has not messed with my CUC. Not all are the same but I doubt the lobster is the reason.

I know that my lobster is very territorial and aggressive to anything that goes near its cave. I have witnessed that much. there are empty hermit shells close by it. And my sea hair is now only a fraction of its size of 4 days ago. Maybe mine is just mean. I dunno....

Back
Top Bottom