baffle and and intake placement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steve r

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i got a DIY HOB fuge kit. i just want to be sure i am placing the baffels and intake in the correct place. one hole in the fuge is lower. is this the intake or output? where does the shorter baffle go? intake or output side?

thanks
steve r

can you link us to this kit online so we can see what your refering to. Or if you can take pics that would help.

here is a picture of the 12 x 12 x 4 fuge. it is running in my sink. the clear tube going into the left side is connected to a maxijet 1200 to feed water into the first chamber. i have a couple of questions i could use all your advice on.

the manufacture of the kit says the left side which is lower than the right side is the intake. the way they say to run it is to run that clear hose up through the 1.5" pipe. with this pipe not being sealed around the clear tube and it being lower than the return pipe on the right, i get an equal amount of water coming back out the intake. this water would go in the tank so it is not a big deal. but shouldnt all the water flow through the fuge and go out the return? should i make the intake side a barb connector and not allow water to come back around the clear tube so that all the water goes out the return. is there a problem with function if water returns through both holes. the CPR HOB fuge appears to be designed this way.

any help would really be appreciated :D
steve r

Back
Top Bottom