Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-11-2004, 09:09 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
Bak Pak 2 air valve problem

I know I know. yet another dumb question.

Anyone know how to operate this stupid air valve that comes with the CPR bak Pak 2R? it doesnt seem to wanna adjust/move, and ofcourse there are no specific instructions on how to get it to work.

thanks,
matt

Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 09:19 PM   #2

It should be theaded so you should be able to unscrew it.

Old 05-11-2004, 09:34 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Open it all the way up, or take it off

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 11:15 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

I took mine off and added a foot or two of hose to muffle the sound
3-Maxi-Jet 1200.../w wavemaker
60 lbs CaribSea Aragamax
50 lbs Keys Rock (liverocks.com)
DIY Sump / Fuge 15 gal
bckane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 05:46 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

Wow, nice idea. What kind of hose and how did you attach it? I'd love to quiet mine down.

Also, I have a few little bubbles that return to the tank. Any ideas how to eliminate that?
Fluval 304
CPR BakPak skimmer w/ preskimmer
Aquaclear 201 and 301 powerheads
Tronic 100W heater
2 20W NO lights
5-stage RO filter

Snail crew, Peppermint Shrimp, 2 Skunk Cleaner Shrimp, Percula Clown, Watchman Goby
flynnternet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 06:57 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

I took off the air valve. That Idea of adding a long lenth of tubing is great! I think I will try that myself. and possibly replace the airvalve with a better one.

so if there are no bubbles in the collection cup, does that mean that the bio-load is just to low for any collection to take place.
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Old 05-12-2004, 11:37 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

check out this site for some info on how to improve your bakpak...

http://www.athiel.com/lib10/bakpak.htm
Old 05-13-2004, 01:01 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Great link Rossv! by the way, I took off the valve and added a 2 1/2 foot long air tube. this greatly reduces noise! thanks bcKane!

Old 05-13-2004, 05:04 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Ayesha97 Send a message via Yahoo to Ayesha97
Thanks for the link. I'm currently awaiting my Bak Pak as we speak.
Old 05-14-2004, 01:25 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

UPDATE:

I added a pre-skimmer to my Bak Pak 2R. Not only is it going to make it more effecient, (I say going to because it has yet to start collecting anything.) but it also hides all those nasty tubes and wires and that nasty pump!

Tags
air, val

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com