Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-23-2006, 09:39 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

bak pak 2 skimmer help

So running my skimmer (CPR Bak Pak) for the first time today. Added live rock yesterday to start my 30 gal tank cycle. I realize I dont know much about skimmers..

It has an adjustable air line. What do I do with that. If I turn it on it fills the HOB canaster and tank with microbubble. If I turn it off it just pumps water.

it also makes the wter at the outlet splash up and get my lights wet.

thanks

Old 08-24-2006, 09:09 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Adjust the air line so that you have bubbles only coming thru the top. It's the bubbles that'll carry the undissolved stuff into the skimmer.

On the water splash thing, is the return tube/outlet under the water line far enuf? Got the tank filled?

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 09:52 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

The tank is filled to the top and that tube is completly submerged. It shoots out bubble though wwhich it looks like make the top of the water dance.. and they get the light wet. Its not a big splash at all . It almost looks like the water hsa a current in it and is jumping up..

The cup starts collecting as soon as I turn the air up a little so that is good. because I am trying to cycle my tank I am gona leave tha air off so I leave more waste in the tank
Old 08-24-2006, 09:57 AM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

I guess mine doesn't bubble becasue of the bio bale in the return chamber. Maybe that's what's breaking my bubbles up.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
skimmer, skimmer help

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com