bak pak 2 skimmer help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ducati1212

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So running my skimmer (CPR Bak Pak) for the first time today. Added live rock yesterday to start my 30 gal tank cycle. I realize I dont know much about skimmers..

It has an adjustable air line. What do I do with that. If I turn it on it fills the HOB canaster and tank with microbubble. If I turn it off it just pumps water.

it also makes the wter at the outlet splash up and get my lights wet.

thanks

Adjust the air line so that you have bubbles only coming thru the top. It's the bubbles that'll carry the undissolved stuff into the skimmer.

On the water splash thing, is the return tube/outlet under the water line far enuf? Got the tank filled?

The tank is filled to the top and that tube is completly submerged. It shoots out bubble though wwhich it looks like make the top of the water dance.. and they get the light wet. Its not a big splash at all . It almost looks like the water hsa a current in it and is jumping up..

The cup starts collecting as soon as I turn the air up a little so that is good. because I am trying to cycle my tank I am gona leave tha air off so I leave more waste in the tank

Back
Top Bottom