Bak Pak II CPR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The minimum safe bet for the space behind your tank need at least 5 inches, the skimmer body already 3 inches plus the intake/output will required extra space.
Goodluck.

Not to be rude or anything but is this from experience? I don't think I have a way of moving the tank without removing like 3/4 of the water. It does weigh 500+ lbs. :roll:

Do a little more homework and you can find the EXACT dimentions...
Body Size: 7.5" wide, 3" deep, 17.5" height

Hm...3'' Deep, good thing my tank is slightly more than 3 inches from the wall :lol:

Thank you for doing some research for me FireFighter!! I really appreciate that.

To be on the safe side, I'd move it out as far as I could, maybe 4in?
Just a thought for any future add ons...

I have left 5 inches on the back of my tank and I'm glad I did, on tuesday a Aqua C Remora is being delivered...

How does the Remora C compare to the Bak Pak II? What made you decide to pick up the Remora over the Pak Pak II? Also where, and how much did you pick up the Remora C? My tank has been up for nearly a month and I think its time to skim the water! Thanks in advance

Remoras are the best skimmer of this design IMO. Though it is only my opinion I have never had or used a bakpak, but I have seem them in action and I have seen and use a number of Aqua C remora/urchin skimmers. The remora generally runs around $160 with a better pump than the rio (maxijet1200), add the collection overflow and you have one heckova machine. Check our sponsors. I know both Logan and Darin (captiveraised corals and caprivereefs respectfully) both carry them.

HTH,
R-

luntiz said:
Not to be rude or anything but is this from experience? I don't think I have a way of moving the tank without removing like 3/4 of the water. It does weigh 500+ lbs. :roll:

I was just measure the space behind of the skimmer as I has one right by me, since only you will be worry about is the backspace behind the tank, that why I said only the back side :) But if I was you, I'll move the tank at least 5" from the wall as a safe bet. As when you hook up the skimmer, if the body of the skimmer is right close to the tank, like the space between them is a hair thick, then 3" will put, but any thing other than that not gonna do it :)

I got mine from Darin from caprivereefs...
THE best out there... as far as skimmers go.. I did hours or research !

The remora is a little better tha the bak pak as far as performance goes. Also the remora has less parts to fail or clean. Basically water squirts out of a small hole and hits the water under intense pressure causing the bubbles. If the hole plugs it is real simple to clean by removing an acess screw.

The bak pak use's a air venturi. The air intake lines will fill with salt creep once a month and need to be cleaned. also the Bak Pak with its air sucking noise is a little louder. They both skim nicely though. Hope this helps.

I just installed mine yesterday. I had to move the tank a full 5 inches from the wall for the proper clearence. sorry, but there is no way around that.

Back
Top Bottom