Baking soda for alk?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JJ-MIK

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone do this? I made my first batch. Baked baking soda for an hour as recommended mix with ro water.. And I can't get my alk up.. It's around 5-7 ..
I noticed that baked. It parcipitates when added. Looks milky going in.. And when I put non baked in there. It's clear.. Baked is not working for me.. Am I doing something wrong?

When you bake it you're creating sodium carbonate, rather than sodium bicarbonate. I think you should regular baking soda, without being it. If I remember correctly baking soda has a greater affect on ph when it is plain

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would have to change water daily. It's an sps dominant tank

It's a 150g with 33 sps small colonies and frags. Plus lps and 2 softies. I change 20g per week. But alk is even low in new salt mix

What test kit are you using and how are your corals looking?

API.. And corals look good! I did some reading and mixed some regular baking soda in with the baked.. It's starting to rise now.. I've been dosing over 100 ml the last 2 days.. Today I got it from a 6 to a 7 with 100 ml.. Going to check it again here in a few

Back
Top Bottom