Ballasts fried

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acid_burn

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well today I had a circut breaker pop that runs my complete tank setup. When I reset the breaker and came upstairs I heard a loud electrical arcing sound and shut the breaker off. Went back upstairs to a bad burning electrical smell, upon investigation found that both my Coral Vue 400W ballasts fried. :( It was prolly my fault cause I didnt shut off my surge protectors but they should've done what they are supposed to do "protect"! Anyway my new ballasts wont be here til Friday and the only light my tank has is 2x96W PC's. I have some LPS, SPS, softies, and two clams. Everything pretty much closed up for the day after that happened. Will they be ok til Friday??

Thanks,
Rich

Everything should be fine until Firday... When you turn them back on Friday I would take a sheet or 2 of Window screen to protect them just in case of them getting used to the no light for the 2 or 3 days..

HTH,
James

It's a 120, and 25" deep. Today will be the first whole day they will be with only the pc's. I am also wiring separate breakers for the lights and pumps.

Rich

Back
Top Bottom