Banana wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pritchard

Aquarium Advice Freak
Picked up a nice banana wrasse today I know they are reef safe with caution but thaught id give it a go as I only have 1 large banded coral shrimp and large mexican turbo snails and large hermits ! Got it for a bargain £15.99 ! Has anyone else got any experience/advice on these beautiful fish ?

I have one that has been a model citizen, hasn't even looked at my tube worm. He only has one eye but is otherwise healthy and is really cool. Watch him when your lights go out to see him bury in the sand for the night.

Yeh burried itself last night ! Im confused now though more research tells me its a white belly wrasse ! Is there a difference ? Its yellow with a white belly and 4 black spots along its top down to its tail ! Its already formed a friendship with my scopas tang ! Very active fish ! Love it !

Not sure, mine does not have a white belly but has the black dots on the top fins. Mine is only about 3 inches though so maybe the white coloration comes later? How big is yours?

I have one, I believe most call it a silver belly wrasse. Mine will swim around all day with no problems, then about 5 mins after lights out he hides under the sand & beds down for the night. Then as if he wearing a watch at 8am hes back out swimming.

Mine has got 2 green stripes appearing faintly on its cheeks and its about 3" long ! Im trying to post a pic !

Back
Top Bottom