Banded coral shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

E249

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just bought a banded coral shrimp today and when I came back to feed him both of his big pitchers were gone and the long things that come off of his head were really short. What happened, could my other fish have done this to him? I have a clown and a Diadema , but they haven't swam near it. I also have two damsels and I know they can be mean, but they are still young and haven't started to pick at the other fish yet. Also they haven't been swimming around him ether. My hawaiian blue spotted puffer has been swimming around him, but I thought hey weren't aggressive. I made sure that the shrimp was still alive and he was, but was barely moving. Is there anything I can do for him?

Had to be the puffer, almost all puffers eat inverts so i would not get any more shrimp

Yeah, it was the puffer. Not aggressive, meant towards other fish, inverts are on the menu!

Well now I feel bad. I told the lady at the store I had one but she said it was fine. Well that teaches me not to go to petco. I usually don't go to places like that but I had a gift card. They might give me my money back though.

Back
Top Bottom