Banded Coral Shrimp - Eating everything in sight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdwire

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently got a BCS and he is the most entertaining critter in the tank. However, recently he has started eating everything in the tank. He ate a peppermint when he first got there and I figured it was just a territorial battle. Then I noticed he was eating some worms that lived in the live rock. Now he chowed on my feather duster. Have other people had similar experience? I was planning on going from FOWLR to Reef soon and was wondering if he safe for soft corals. Thanx for the help

I don't think they are a threat to corals. Mine eats bristle worms but has never harmed my 4 peppermints, pistol, 2 skunks, or fire cleaner shrimps.

I had a 2 BC's with 5 peppermints, the 5 peppermints and one of the BC's quickly became extinct from the ecosystem. I later read that BC's are highly territorial towards other shrimp species. However I have seen hundreds of successful tanks with BC's and other shrimp. As far as corals go I can not help. I have no experience there.

Andrew

Back
Top Bottom