Banded pipefish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sqasnatch

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys. Wanted to know, can these guys live in a strong water current. Or does it have to be like next to no current at all

I have a brine factory going for him, but I haunt read anything about these guys eating copepods, and that seems strange to me. You think that as long as there was a good amount of natural food in the tank he would be alright

I dont think a strong current would be good for them. Mine is fine in my hex but the only current in there is from the water coming back up to the tank (which is a fair amount). Mine actually started off eating only cyclopeeze but will now eat brine and mysis as well.

Ok thank. The tank I just put mine in has 2 power heads running. He seems to be doin fine o far

they dont like much flow, theyre like seahorses, i read once about seahorses to have a "slow, sweeping current across the bottom"

but youll want to feed him something besides brine, they're more of a snack/junk food for fish

Everything I've read says to train them for froz Mysis and cyclopeeze. The live brine are for the training.

sounds good then!

you should post some pictures sometime, my LFS got some in the other day, they are some very pretty fish!

Back
Top Bottom