banggai cardinal questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

classklown90

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I absolutely love these fish and i have a tank big enough for some now. I was wondering if i bought 2 would they pair up like clowns where one becomes female? or are there genders much more set. Also if i got 3 would one be exiled?

I don't it works like that with those fish but you could get a few and see if they pair up because they do like to swim in schools. I have a 90 gal. tank it's big enough for a school of five or six I would say. So how big is your tank.

This fish is pretty hard to sex but there are a few things. You can tell them apart once they reach their adult stage. The male's jawline will be more square and protruding. The males second dorsal fin will also be alot longer than the females, this is not always a for sure sign though since other fish often nip the fin off. You should keep them in pairs, so if you get three and two pair off you should return the third one. The males will for sure fight and try to kill each other.

Back
Top Bottom