Banggai Cardinals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lost two of the cardinals. First fish I have had die in years. Only 5 days and the first two died today. The others look okay, but are not eating. You win some, you lose some. These were suppose to be tank raised and eating frozen food. Maybe the last three will settle in. Water parameters are perfect (as I can get it) and everything including hard corals and all other fish are flourishing. I hate killing a fish.

Gregcoyote said:
Lost two of the cardinals. First fish I have had die in years. Only 5 days and the first two died today. The others look okay, but are not eating. You win some, you lose some. These were suppose to be tank raised and eating frozen food. Maybe the last three will settle in. Water parameters are perfect (as I can get it) and everything including hard corals and all other fish are flourishing. I hate killing a fish.

Any updates on the cardinal(s) today?

Lost two, still have three. They don't want to eat. They seem active at night, so hope they are getting some copepods.

Gregcoyote said:
Lost two, still have three. They don't want to eat. They seem active at night, so hope they are getting some copepods.

I'm having the same problem with a firefish. Hes not eating but out a little at night.

I have one lone little fire fish and he is the bravest thing I have ever seen. He stay in the open water column and eats tiny little floaters. I want more as a result of this little guy.

I hate to hear that. I have zero experience with cardinals. Hopefully that was just a bad bunch, not a recurring problem. Do you plan on replacing?

Can't say I blame you there. They look nice but there are a lot of beautiful fish out there to choose from.

Just got back working this small project you may have heard about Friday (I work there a lot)...to find the last cardinal gone...so much for that.

Attachments

• image-1986992831.jpg
    image-1986992831.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 85
That's awesome Greg! The launch, not the cardinal. I'm sure you'll be able to did something equally as beautiful to place in your tank.

Thanks! I have 5 dead fish to flush put of the system first (they all died hidden in the reef). Had a diatom bloom after they died, so I am flushing that out first. Might try some more fire fish.

Had a diatom bloom (first in 10 years) after the cardinals died in the reef. Doing water changes and added a media bag of Polysorb to my sump. What is anyone's experience with recharging the Polysorb and how do you do it? I understand bleach is part of the process, so I want to do it perfectly right. My makeup RO/DI water shows 30ppm on my TDS meter.

Back
Top Bottom