Banggai fighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bray84

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys I’ve had a mating pair for about 16 months now all been fine with them. They breeding for last 13/14 month male never has eggs past 8 days so know they not both males. Yesterday they where doing the dance then while later notice female had eggs in mouth then was gone so maybe eaten them. Few hrs later the male was chasing the female about and now her fins are ripped and he won’t leave her alone, she don’t look happy so mange to get her in my sump. Why all the sudden male want to hurt her? Thx

No they been mating for about a year, never had problem with them. Females in sump not eating in last few days and her anal fin looks infected now

Just weird as she eat the eggs then few hrs later he went on attack mode

Yeah it’s a real mystery, only thing I can think off is female was ill and male just trying finish her off but never showed any signs till after he attack her. Female died yesterday but wasn’t eating

Yeah males good so rest off fish. Just don’t understand it even someone who breeds them says never heard off males attacking females but fish are weird so anything can happen just wish had reef cam to show

Back
Top Bottom