Barrier Reef 'can adapt' to warmer climate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you think this idea has any substance to it?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I'm not sure

• Total voters

flanque

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi all,

I thought this was certainly something to share with you all. It's an article that in very brief terms talks about new thoughts on special algae in corals that allow them to tolerate heat stress far more than previously expected. The idea is that the reef will survive the current warmer climate.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22066651-2,00.html

Certainly sounds nice. Bleaching part of a corals normal life cycle? Hard to say.

Would be interested to keep following the story to see how further reasearch progresses.

Water levels and temperatures have been rising and falling forever and will continue to do so, animals must and will adapt. Don't let them tell you otherwise :)

Sounds like more "fuzzy science" from "experts" that are probably funded in part by corporations with far less then perfect environmental policies. It makes me think of those scientists who get up in front of congress and swear that global warming is natural and human beings and carbon emissions have nothing to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom