Basement sumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a 125 with to 2 overflows, pumping up 20 feet, reeflo barracuda gold, they have a refurb store which has some great deals, been running a refurb for 2 treats, super quit pump, I actually have throttled down

I really don't know as I have it throttled back, I don't use it for flow, if you flow is too fast, your skimmer doesn't have time to work, I have it throttled back about a third, only throttle back on the discharge end

Can you post pictures of your setup? Please?

What are you looking for, my pump is it the basement, the plumbing from the basement, or the under tank plumbing. I have it set up so I can adjust discharge and flow under the tank as well as flow from the pump

Well in general I'm looking for ideas and ways to set up my basement. I'd really like to have the main sump. Refugium . Frag tank and algae scrubber all set up. Plus of course skimmer and uv sterilizer

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391316331.742512.jpg I kind of like this setup. I google searches basement reef sumps and seen this.

Wow I'm not near as fancy as others,my return pump, rodi and rodi holding tank are in the basement, my sump and hardware us under the main, I don't dose anything so I guess mine is simpler

So do you just pump ro water to your display then?

My main pump is my circulation/ return pump, my ato is hooked up to my rodi supply in the basement, my container has a float set up so I always have 20 gal of water

What kind of pumps are you running and how much head way? Do you run skimmer or anything else off your return?

What kind of pumps are you running and how much head way? Do you run skimmer or anything else off your return?

I running a Reeflo Dart gold, Im pumping up about 10 feet, have the output throttled back about a 4th. I run nothing else off of it. Use 2"pvc down to 1" at over flows

How do you like it? How is your power bill? I need to run around 20' up to the tank. Can't decide on a pump

it only pulls around 100watt, they have some recondite pumps with 1 or 2 year warranty, I don't think it would have any trouble with 20 feet, they are super quiet, not that it matters in the basement

I look them up and the darts have a max head of 12'.... But it is 3600 gph with low watts... Do you or does anyone think this will pump 20' without a problem?

I might be exaggerating. Saying its 20'.. I don't know.. I don't have the house yet. But the one I'm looking at buying has maybe 10' tall ceiling..

Back
Top Bottom