Batfish Reefsafe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4enzix

Aquarium Advice Regular
anyone have any personal experience? Through my reading ive really got mixed reviews. Whats your guys' take on it?

Beautiful fish. No personal experience but what little research I've done on them said they would eat corals and anemones. Once I found out what size tank they need, I quit looking so my research is limited. Tanks size shouldn't be a problem for you though. :D Still not sure I'd chance it.

see from what ive read small shrimp are defo a problem but dont ever hear much about corals and such.

this, i know but i have had very good luck with finicky fish thus far and i know alot of their problems wiht captivty is normally tank size and i th ink im doing ok there

Well they get huge, but you have a good tank size for them. I depends on what you value more, fish or corals .....IMO.

yeah they get rather large and as they grow their little imperfections one their fins are more observant but they are one of my favorite fish none the less and are very amazing to watch. i hear they eat corals and zoo's but they will also eat small inverts and grow rather large and must be kept with docile fish that wont nip at his fins and stress him out.

At least your doing research before you buy. I had to stop a woman from buying a small one for her 20 gallon the other day...And I don't even work for that store! :roll:

lol i know i wont buy a fish unless i know about it enough to know it will be safe to keep, i dont like killing fish

Back
Top Bottom