Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-21-2005, 04:05 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to JohnNLuc
His parents, my aunt and uncle are not doing well at all. My uncle is worse than my aunt due to the fact he was on the phone with him, actually yelling at him b/c he was supposed to be home by 10:30. It's never right to bury your kids and for them it has been nothing but disaster

JohnNLuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 04:09 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

I was hoping that wasn't the case. Man that has to be one bad head trip. The guilt he feels must be completely overwhelming. I hope he's going to counceling. They probably both need it. Your right. Parents shouldn't have to bury their babies. I shudder at the thought of it.

Join the NJ Reef Club Today! Saving the world's reefs one living room at a time!
MACNA XXI Atlantic City, NJ September 25-27, 2009
Phyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 04:52 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

They both go to counceling twice a week. I honestly believe everyone should go to counseling atleast once in there life to try it. Noone lives a picture perfect normal life and its not healthy to let your problems bottle up inside of you. If some of us went I know the therapist would need his own therapist after hearing some of our problems im sure 8O anyway so do I plumb this prop tank from my sump or my main and do I return the water to the sump or main?
Old 04-21-2005, 05:07 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hmmm... I would pump out of your sump and return via overflow back to the sump. Here I'd end up with a separate system because there'd be no way for me to get 2 tanks close enough together to have them plumbed into the same system.

Join the NJ Reef Club Today! Saving the world's reefs one living room at a time!
Old 04-21-2005, 05:11 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

my problem is the sump and tank will be sitting the same height 3 feet from eachother. so my first chamber of the sump I add a pump and Pipe it over to the prop thank than I make a compartment in the 10G prop and have a power head or another pump move it back to the sump but into the return chamber of the sump?
Old 04-21-2005, 05:19 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Never recommended to pump in both directions. Getting matching flow rates, even with the same pump is tricky at best. Hmmmm...

Old 04-21-2005, 05:21 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

noone ever said I was going to make this easy. raising the sump is not an option due to location of it and if they sit at the same height I can be assured gravity wont help me. Any other suggestions or have I stumped ya'll?
Old 04-21-2005, 06:28 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

after doing some brain storming I have come up with an idea. I have a U tube overflow what if I cut another hole into the outter overflow box and used a ball valve to regulate how much water gravity pulls down into the prop tank and just pumped the return line back into my return sump compartment?
Old 04-22-2005, 11:59 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome back Jon. Glad to see you again. Prayers to you and your family.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:15 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Drill both tanks and connect them allowing water to move from one to another or get a larger sump that can do both.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com