beenn away to long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eric faatz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone,I,ve been gone from this forum for awhile and i do apolagize.I got some good advise from everyone like Mr.x and contless others.well im back and have some good news.Just to bring everyone up to date i have a 75gal mixed reef and at one time the tank was over stocked to many big fish and i was having nitrate problems and the fish where eating the corals,i had a majestic angel.foxface rabbit fish,sal-fin tang,blue hippo tang,pj cardinal.coral beauty.clown fish.fire fish,yellow tail damsel.well after awhile things started to out of hand with having all those big fish in the tank.now you folks told me to get rid of the big fish,but did i listen nope and kept them in the tank.After three years i finally got up the nerve to part with the big 4(lol) and called my lfs and talked to them and they where willing to take them back and gave in store credit.well its been over a month and i called the lfs back last night and asked how the fish were doing and i was so happy to hear he had resold all the fish.good ending for them and me.moving the fish from my tank back to lfs was not a easy task and i wont get in to the details.but to make a long story short nitrate down to 0ppm and the looks really good imo and the corals that i do have even look better(weird)so with that being said im upgrading my t-5s to led's in a couple of weeks.so thank you all for your advice and learned a valuable lesson but thank god it all worked out and with hard work the tank looks really great and im looking forward to the upgrade and getting some new corals.thank you again and its nice to be back in the famliy.i will keep everyone posted when i get the lights.:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom