Begging fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bray84

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anyone else got a fish that begs for food. I got one cardinal that's worse that a dog haha I feed frozen or live meat four times a week but put seed weed or algae flakes three times a week for my flame angle so when it's not a meat day all my fish eat but my cardinal and he puts on little show. So is cardinal just feeling left out or I'm I not feeding him enough.

My little chalk bass will come up tot he top of the water in my cube and beg too. I cant help it. I usually drop a few pellets in for him, he just looks so hungry. lol
I also do massive frequent water changes on that tank to make up for the extra feeding I do, so thats a consideration. Most fish can get along just fine being fed every other day so keep that in mind.

Thing was when first started was feeding three times aday, which I soon found out was bad. My cardinal just sits looking at you than will swim abit mad making clicking noise or will sit with all fins down looking sad haha. Seen him few times when looking when he's begging turn on his side like he's dead

You just have to find the balance of feeding too much and feeding enough, it will be dictated on how often you do water changes. I was feeding like 10 times a day when I first got my mandarin and scooter and I still managed to keep the parameters in check.

With how I'm feeding plus doin 10-15% wc every week my test all at 0 apart from nitrates that sit at 10-20 ppm it's fish only at min but will be looking to get corals soon so no have to get nitrate levels down but working on that as upgraded to sump not long ago so waiting for some cheato. If had the time would feed him twice on meat days but just think he's greedy from when was over feeding.

Yeah defo. Was having alook at your pictures and seen u got clown goby, how many you got. I've got two green ones and think there fighting but can't find any good info

I have a yellow and green clown goby. They have never fought to my knowledge and I tend to watch my tanks a little closely. lol I also have a citron goby and several blennys in there as well. The tank is a 60g cube for reference. I can't remember if I had both clown gobies in the 29g biocube though, i know I had most of the fish I have in the 60g in there at some point.

All 6 of my angels AND my Oscar! Oh my god they're are not only beggars, but when they DO get food, they're PIGS!!

I did have green and yellow but yellow not eat so took him back and got green but the one I already had will go sit next to other one and chase it away,it's got nipped fins so thinking about taking him back as dont know if fighting or sorting out who's boss

Back
Top Bottom