Beginner Corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bnortz

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm planning on adding some corals within the month. I currently have a 60 gallon that's been going for about three months. It has 80 lbs. of LR and 40 lbs. of LS. I still need to get some suitable lighting and powerheads before I add anything. For my lighting, I'm likely gonna get an Icecap 660 and run 3-4 T5 bulbs depending on how many I can fit in the canopy I made.For flow, I'm gonna get a koralia or two. I'm just wondering what are some good corals to begin with under this kind of lighting. I was thinking with some softies, zoas, and mushrooms, but let me know what else is good. Also, please let me know what I need to do as far as supplementing and dosing.

Thanks,
Ben

Sounds like you're on track, what you mentioned are good starter corals to see how things go and make sure everything's on track.

As for supplementing, if you do weekly water changes you shouldn't need to supplement anything. As your coral-load increases, you may want to consider some 2-part supplementation, but for just a few corals water changes are your best bet.

Back
Top Bottom