benggai cardinal owners...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TRDfan

Aquarium Advice Freak
How did you guys/ladies get them to eat when first introduced to the tank?? and what are you feeding them??

Great question within the past week I've had my cardinal and haven't seen him eat yet. But was told to get some mysis shrimp and try that and he picked at a few of those also tried brine shrimp and he enjoyed those a bit more.

I tried some PE mysis today (without the seachem) and it didnt really work. I shall get some garlicguard to try it out now

When I first had mine I started feeding them mysis with a couple of drops of garlic on it. It didn't take long for them to start eating.

Thanks for the help seems like a problematic fish to get to eat mine ate two bites and that's it so far had him over a week.

I lost a couple of them because they wouldn't eat. Will be interested to see if the garlic works. I use some of it now for soaking my nori in...but holy cow does it stink!

Gregcoyote said:
I lost a couple of them because they wouldn't eat. Will be interested to see if the garlic works. I use some of it now for soaking my nori in...but holy cow does it stink!

Lol it does stink really bad, I bet if you have a blocked nose it would probably clear it.

I feed mine frozen mysis with a syringe and an 8" or so piece of air line tubing. At first, it didn't want to eat, but now as soon as the air line hits the water, it's digging at it. Same goes for my pink spotted watchman, and my cleaner shrimp.

When I first had mine I started feeding them mysis with a couple of drops of garlic on it. It didn't take long for them to start eating.

I got the garlic guard today and tried it with the pe mysis. didnt work but its been only 3 days since ive had him. so hopefully it will work sooner rather than later

Mine took 3 week, got it onto bloodworms first

hope it doesnt take as long as yours did :hide:

I lost a couple of them because they wouldn't eat.

wow....sorry to hear that

I feed mine frozen mysis with a syringe and an 8" or so piece of air line tubing. At first, it didn't want to eat, but now as soon as the air line hits the water, it's digging at it. Same goes for my pink spotted watchman, and my cleaner shrimp.

I shall try the tube method in acouple of days if it still doesnt eat :nono:

I don't think mine really ate for the first 5 days. I read somewhere that they prefer to eat at night, so I feed them every night before I go to bed, after the lights are off. Not sure if that matters or not, as I have done that from the beginning.

I woke up this morning to my cardinal dead on the side of the circulation pump. The weird thing was that i had a dream about something bad happening to my tank last night :eek:

Ended up going to the store this morning and ordering a royal gramma which i will be picking up tomorrow

Noon wayy what a bummer I hope mine will be alright need to find a way to get him to eat something ASAP

Yea man. I hope your cardinal will far much better than mine did. Even though its a pretty nice fish, it seems like they are very finichy eaters

Back
Top Bottom