Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-22-2003, 07:27 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Berlin Skimmer?

I saw a Berlin Skimmer yesterday, it was onyl 50 bux! Is it a good investment? Anybody had experience?

Old 04-22-2003, 08:05 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to michealprater
50 dollars sounds like a heck of a price. I have seen one in action and it really pulled out the waste.

Old 04-22-2003, 08:33 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Dude! That is so awesome to hear, I am gonna wish for some luck though. I am getting the LR and LS and fish. Then if they still have it I will get it.
Old 04-22-2003, 09:02 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to loganj
There are several different "Berlin" skimmers out there. Which model was it? If it was any of the venturi models, then that does sound like a great price. Is the pump included? If so, what kind and size?
Logan J
Old 04-22-2003, 10:07 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

It looks like this, except smaller

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=20758
Old 04-22-2003, 10:21 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

That's a countercurrent skimmer, I am wondering if for a 7 gallon aquarium if you won't do fine with a cheaper countercurrent airdriven skimmer, like a lees. These are more than likely "in tank" skimmers, although I'm not sure with the berlin though. To be honest, you might be ok with one of the skilters, for a 7g or no skimmer at all.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 11:41 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to loganj
I'm betting it's a Berlin 60 and, unless my memory is failing me which is entirely possible, you can buy it new for about $30.00 from www.aquatictech.com . $50 is way high for this skimmer.
The small Lee would do just fine in your tank. Both it and the Berlin are "in tank" models. If you're gonna do a sump, I'd look for one of the small venturi skimmers...you could run the small SeaClone in the sump with some plumbing changes...I think they're set up to go either in sump or HOB. There isn't really room in a 7 for an in tank skimmer. If you're willing to do a water change once a week, you probably don't even need one. JMHO.
Logan J

Tags
skimmer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com