Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-05-2015, 02:32 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Best anemone

What is the "easiest" anemone to keep? I know they are all wanderers but wondering if it's worth paying a bit more to buy a better variety?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

markodeniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:46 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award
I had a Purple Condy that thrived under T5's in a new un established tank. It grew so big I had to remove it from my tank and give it away. After having it I started reading how you need strong lights and an established tank, neither of which I had...lol Only clown to host them are maroon though for some reason. Regular orange clowns dont go near them...

Animal-Chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 03:08 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
Check out Rock Flower Anemones or Caribbean RFA. Huge variation in price from 10 in Petco if they have them, they vary average colors mostly, to 99+ for neon and multi colors. Just depends. Ask your lfs how much they would be if they ordered a couple for you.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 04:08 PM   #4
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion
Rock flowers are the 'easiest', but all photosynthetic anemones require high intensity lighting. This can vary depending on the size of the tank, but I still believe the taotronics LED panel is the best bang for your buck. Each unit covers 2 ft of tank.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 04:32 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
I disagree that all anemones are wanderers. Under the right conditions, they won't move at all.
mr_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 06:51 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I introduced my purple Condy to my tank, and it moved an inch and hasn't moved sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

cushadow is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com