Best anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

markodeniro

Aquarium Advice Freak
What is the "easiest" anemone to keep? I know they are all wanderers but wondering if it's worth paying a bit more to buy a better variety?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I had a Purple Condy that thrived under T5's in a new un established tank. It grew so big I had to remove it from my tank and give it away. After having it I started reading how you need strong lights and an established tank, neither of which I had...lol Only clown to host them are maroon though for some reason. Regular orange clowns dont go near them...

Check out Rock Flower Anemones or Caribbean RFA. Huge variation in price from 10 in Petco if they have them, they vary average colors mostly, to 99+ for neon and multi colors. Just depends. Ask your lfs how much they would be if they ordered a couple for you.

Rock flowers are the 'easiest', but all photosynthetic anemones require high intensity lighting. This can vary depending on the size of the tank, but I still believe the taotronics LED panel is the best bang for your buck. Each unit covers 2 ft of tank.

I introduced my purple Condy to my tank, and it moved an inch and hasn't moved sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom