Best anemone for clowns to host in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

laureniron31

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a pair of occelarus clowns- think that's how you spell it lol - I was just wondering which anemone is best for them to host, as I'm aware different clowns like different anemones, any advice will be appreciated !

If your tank is ready for one:
May adapt to Bubble Tip Anemone (Entacmaea quadricolor) in aquariums.

bettaowner said:
I agree with Jlsardina. Bubble tips would work.

IMO I think clowns host whatever they want . Mine went from hosting my zoa colony to now hosting my gionopora ( which it doesnt like that much )

BTA need stable water parameters, pristine water conditions and strong lighting. If I remember from previous post you have T5 and moon lights, that is not enough light for a BTA. Please only buy specimens that your tank will support and not specimens we want. You post previously that your nem you had for 4 months was dying and it was actually a Tourch Coral. Sorry but if you do not know the difference between a Tourch Coral and a BTA, you should do more research, also if your Tourch Coral died, you may have water issues and BTA's are a lot less tolerant than a Tourch Coral is. Not trying to be harsh but probably 80 percent of BTA bought never make it past 6 months due to the owner and or tank not ready.

I have 2 BTAs in my tank and a carpet nem. My clowns have no interest in their existence. And yes, I know there is a slim to no chance of hosting w/ a carpet nem most of the time. What is the only thing my clowns have hosted? The hair algae outbreak I had when it was still on going. Just because a nem is added to the tank doesn't mean that your clowns will run over to it and never leave its side. They'll do it if they feel like it.

Sniperhank said:
I have 2 BTAs in my tank and a carpet nem. My clowns have no interest in their existence. And yes, I know there is a slim to no chance of hosting w/ a carpet nem most of the time. What is the only thing my clowns have hosted? The hair algae outbreak I had when it was still on going. Just because a nem is added to the tank doesn't mean that your clowns will run over to it and never leave its side. They'll do it if they feel like it.

1+ could not agree more.

Had a bta was growing had 2 clarkii hosting and then a tang tore down some seaweed I had on a clip and it landed next to the bta. My starfish went over the nem that causedy nem to split then they both died. I think they were too small to host my clowns and got stressed I'm not an expert but jus saying make sure nem isn't too small

Back
Top Bottom