Best brand of Protein Skimmer for your sumps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is the best brand of Protein Skimmers that go in your sumps?

• Prizm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aquaclear Aquatics

• Berlin

• Turbo Flotor

• Other (please specify below)

• Total voters
Best is a very subjective word...there is lots of quantifying information I would want prior to making a recommendation. Need to know what the budget is...what size tank...what type of tank...etc...

FWIW, if money is no object I would go with a tank size appropriate downdraft skimmer by ETSS.

money is an object. it's for a 180gallon tank. it's a fowlr.

What is your budget? My no budget recommendations would be Aerofoamer or Euroreef. Keep in mind though, with a downdraft skimmer like the ETSS or a beckett skimmer like the Aerofoamer, you will also need to factor in an appropriately sized, pressure rated pump.

we have a 1 year old and a 4 year old . that's our budget. :lol:

I am using a Berlin on a 180 with good results. I'm sure there are more expensive skimmers that will do better, but the Berlin does a good job. I'd use a Mag 7 pump (if not a 9.5) on it. I don't much like the Aquaclear and you'll need about 4 Prizms for that tank. I have no experience with the Turboflotor although I have talked to people who were happy with them. My vote is for a Berlin or a Berlin XL and a slightly oversize Mag Drive pump.

Back
Top Bottom