Best brand of Salt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whats the best brand of Salt?

• Instant Ocean/ Reef Crystals

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Red Sea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coralife

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (elaborate)

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

partypalooza5

Aquarium Advice Addict
I started a thread on this already, but it seems this is a perfect time to make a poll! :D

Other. We personally had much better results with Oceanic over IO. Even though we couldn't pass up a deal and will soon be switching to Seachem Reef. *fingers crossed*

BTW- The links that Kurt and ccCapt (I think) provided in your other thread are really the best backgorund info you will get. Opinions (as well as stocking and therefor individual tank needs) will vary.

I cant believe you didnt have Oceanic salt mix in there. LOL The truly no.1 of salt mixes. LOL. That`s why I took other.

XD I only put 4 options on accident! I was too lazy to go back and change it:rolleyes:.

I read a comparison chart of salts (including Oceanic xD) and Instant Ocean and Coralife are the two I'm looking at. (My local store only carry's IO, Reef Crystals, Coralife, and Red Sea so I'm sort of limited)

But again, thanks for everyone input and for voting.

The best salt is:

(1) Easily available, and something you can be reasonably assured of getting as long as you have your tank, and...

(2) The one that works best for you.

If the question is what salt do I use... well, then that'd be Reef Crystals. But then, I've never tried anything else!

Other. We personally had much better results with Oceanic over IO. Even though we couldn't pass up a deal and will soon be switching to Seachem Reef. *fingers crossed*

BTW- The links that Kurt and ccCapt (I think) provided in your other thread are really the best backgorund info you will get. Opinions (as well as stocking and therefor individual tank needs) will vary.

Poor form, but welcome to AA.

Back
Top Bottom