Best Choice Of Dwarf Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jake337

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Since it is recommended to have only one angelfish in an aquarium due to aggression, what dwarf angel would suit me the best? 55gal Fowlr (only have a frag of green star polyps atm). I love the red/blue colors of dwarf angelfish. So far my choices are a Flame angel, Bicolor angel, African Pygmy Cherub angel, or a Pygmy Cherub Angel. Which would be easiest to care for? Which are more common in a lfs and which would cost the most? Least?

Also forgot to mention, has anyone had any experience with a Pygmy pair?

Jake337 said:
Since it is recommended to have only one angelfish in an aquarium due to aggression, what dwarf angel would suit me the best? 55gal Fowlr (only have a frag of green star polyps atm). I love the red/blue colors of dwarf angelfish. So far my choices are a Flame angel, Bicolor angel, African Pygmy Cherub angel, or a Pygmy Cherub Angel. Which would be easiest to care for? Which are more common in a lfs and which would cost the most? Least?

Alright buddddyyyyyyyy i vote bicolor because they are cool, cheap (where i live) and are pretty common.

Flame is expensive so that is OUT

i dont really like cherub angels... :/

I like the pygmy angels

Edit: i like the bicolors too, didnt know they existed. The bicolor looks nice but its gets up to 6" to the pgymys 3" max.

I love coral beauty angelfish. Flame angels are found around my state.

I vote coral beauty they are reasonable in price, moderate care level, and around me they are every where. Size would be perfect for a 55 also but as for reef safe some people say now but I say if you get one you are at low risk of it picking on corals I would say if they ever do pick it would be at a softy otherwise completely reef safe but
Watch for all your softies if you have any. Other than that I think they are perfect for your tank.

Reefer 22 said:
I vote coral beauty they are reasonable in price, moderate care level, and around me they are every where. Size would be perfect for a 55 also but as for reef safe some people say now but I say if you get one you are at low risk of it picking on corals I would say if they ever do pick it would be at a softy otherwise completely reef safe but
Watch for all your softies if you have any. Other than that I think they are perfect for your tank.

The coral beauty I had completely destroyed a Xenia and a palm tree polyp coral.

My favorite is the flame angel from your list but I think half moon and midnights are amazing also.

Each is about $30-$35 near me so not bad but still a little pricy

The red flame is about $60 by me, i got a yellow angel which is a nice bright yellow, like a yellow tang but cheaper and perfect for a smaller aquarium. He is very active, and picks at live rock. Fun to watch. Otherwise i would suggest coral beauty.

Pryzz said:
The coral beauty I had completely destroyed a Xenia and a palm tree polyp coral.

Wow that sucks but that's what I'm talking about they will ushally not pick at any thing but if they ever do It will bet softies and and I gess polyps to . They would pick a corals like colt corals and also Xenia.

I can't see them going after something like zoanthids though.

You can actually google the name of the angel to find out what corals they pick at. For example- the empire angel is infamous for going after LPS brains.

Back
Top Bottom