Best eel for my 75g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have no inverts in my tank anymore and I'm stepping away from an sps tank and moving to Lps. These where the issues preventing me from getting one before. Here are my current issues however. I have some smaller fish and don't know what to expect as how big a fish needs to be in order to avoid being dinner. The smallest is probably my clown fish who's 2.5" the one I worry about and can't have die is my snowflake who's about 3-3.5" long. I want to start out with a young eel so what would the best eel be fore me? Without breaking the bank to much. Just needs to be under 100$

Snowflake eels only grow to 2' not sure if your clown would be lunch tho. They are usually under 40 bucks.

Snowflake eels only grow to 2' not sure if your clown would be lunch tho. They are usually under 40 bucks.

I have been thinking a snowflake i just dont know what "As big as their mouth means" because i dont have one so how do i know how big their mouth is.

I have a zebra and has been the best addition to my tank. They are fish safe, but will eat inverts. Mine has eaten all the emerald crabs I had. I hand feed him krill every other day.

IMG_20120915_135744-1.jpg

No zebra. They can get 5' long lol. 125 absolute minimum. I would recommend a snowflake...... Definitely. If you get a baby he should be used to it by the time he can eat it...., if it ever even gets thats big. They have pretty small mouths for eels and are thin IME.

No zebra. They can get 5' long lol. 125 absolute minimum. I would recommend a snowflake...... Definitely. If you get a baby he should be used to it by the time he can eat it...., if it ever even gets thats big. They have pretty small mouths for eels and are thin IME.

haha oh didnt see your post about the size. Yeah I am just going to go with a baby snowflake, they have them at liveaquaria and think ill order one from them.

Back
Top Bottom