Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-24-2006, 01:13 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
best food options...

i recently purchased an australian copperband butterfly, a coral beauty angelfish, and a purple firefish.

general thoughts/suggestions for the best brand and types of food on the market for these guys.

i know the the copperband butterfly feeds on crustaceon flesh, mysid shrimp, and brine. the firefish feeds on zooplankton which i have some of and the coral beauty is of course an herbivore.

"tanks" alot

mfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 03:29 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Blood worms and cyclopeeze for the copperband. The others should eat anything that hits the water. Just try to mix it up a little so they get a varied diet. I primary use frozen foods (mysis, brine, etc) I limit flake to once a week. What size tank is this? Do not stock too quickly.

*The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist.
*If guns kill people...Spoons make Michael Moore fat.
Brenden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 04:46 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Send a message via MSN to Tanked001
The coral beauty angelfish primarily eats algae and will graze on the algae growing on your live rock.You can also get some dried marine seaweed and use a veggie clip to place it in the tank.

The Purple Fire Fish are carnivores.... they eat brine, mysid shimp, pods......

I have a Fire Fish and he doesn't care too much for flake... I mostly give him brime or pods from my fuge
Tanked001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 01:00 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
For the angel I would recommend a frozen food specifically for angels(ie. Ocean Nutrition "Angel Formula") as a part of the diet. They contain not only algae but also sponges, which are a natural part of an angels diet. I agree w/ Brenden, the firefish will eat just about anything IME. I'm not familiar w/ CB's. A varied diet is the optimal choice for most tanks. Best of luck!
MT79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com