Best Kalk Mix and Feeding Filter Feeders..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

cj10488

Ok I am going to buy some Kalk mix tomorrow and wanted to know what kind I should get.. I was looking at Seachem's Kalk but there is a few other brands out there.

Which one would be the best to use.. I hear Kent is different than most and so on so Forth.. Please Advise.. Also what would you recommend feeding Filter Feeders..

TIA,
James

Save some money, buy Mrs Wages Pickleing lime if you can find it ;) Same thing at a mere fraction of the cost. If not check with a chemical supply house for Calcium Hydroxide.

I cannot find the pickling lime anywhere locally.. The only Chemical supply house is about 5 hours away... I will check around some more and see if i can find the pickling lime... Any other suggestions..

TIA,
James

Yes thx Kev I just found that myself :) I am going to call a few local stores and see if they can order it so that they will eat the shipping cost and I wont.. If not I will order it from that website.. Thx Again Kevin.. BTW what would be good to feed my filter feeders such as montipora, xenia, leather and such???

TIA,
James

And it just so happens that page is not availible... Anyone have a copy of it???

Thx Again,
James

try it again later, the home page loads, that's where I got the link.

But I'm sure ReefLady has a copy of it, LOL.

I would start at 1 teaspoon per gallon and go from there, I should mention this is what I would recommend for LFS kalk as well. So if your dosing LFS Kalk now, just start with the same amount.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom