best lighting for salt water aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

special lighting

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can some one please give me advise or a website were i could get a salt water lightthat will sustain coral life and keep it healhy?

Becaues my LFS sells evrything expensive and they want to sell me one for 400$ and i dont even know ifd it is good.

all depends on the types of corals that you want. Soft. Lps. Or sps. Look on liveaquaria.com for some guidence.

Yes you can. But if you don't mind just having soft corals you could jet a much cheaper light. If you're going for everything, I'd go for vho lighting. That's just me tho. I'm on my fone rite now so I can't give u a link at the moment. Hope this helps!

Yes you can. But if you don't mind just having soft corals you could jet a much cheaper light. If you're going for everything, I'd go for vho lighting. That's just me tho. I'm on my fone rite now so I can't give u a link at the moment. Hope this helps!

around how much money would i have to spend on a vho lighting?

around how much would i have to spend on soft coral lighting?

sry i was on my fone, i couldnt look up stuff speedily so i went over to the comp and im on now so ill be bak with some prices shortly.

a good fixture for softys (cfl) would be around $200 you could get them starting at around $120 but a good one would be this... Aquarium Lighting: Coralife Lunar Aqualights Compact Fluorescent Strip Lights its what i was going to get for my 55gal that i was going to make a nice mixed reef.
a good fixture for more variety could be a nice one like this... T-5 Aquarium Lighting: Nova Extreme T-5 Fixtures w/Lunar Lights expensive but very very good. there are a lot of people on here who use this light i believe.

a good fixture for softys (cfl) would be around $200 you could get them starting at around $120 but a good one would be this... Aquarium Lighting: Coralife Lunar Aqualights Compact Fluorescent Strip Lights its what i was going to get for my 55gal that i was going to make a nice mixed reef.
a good fixture for more variety could be a nice one like this... T-5 Aquarium Lighting: Nova Extreme T-5 Fixtures w/Lunar Lights expensive but very very good. there are a lot of people on here who use this light i believe.

tHANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP. WILL THIS BE ENOUGH TO KEEP ANY CORAL

a good fixture for softys (cfl) would be around $200 you could get them starting at around $120 but a good one would be this... aquarium lighting: Coralife lunar aqualights compact fluorescent strip lights its what i was going to get for my 55gal that i was going to make a nice mixed reef.
A good fixture for more variety could be a nice one like this... t-5 aquarium lighting: Nova extreme t-5 fixtures w/lunar lights expensive but very very good. There are a lot of people on here who use this light i believe.

do they charge taxs

no taxes, and which are you asking for any corals? and you might want to wait for some second opinions. im by no means an expert and there are many others on here that will be able to give better guidence in this field. not sayn disregard what ive said, just sayn that get a few second opinions.

I have the 24 inch nova extreme and i like the light so far. It comes with four plugs so you can use a timer strip. the 48 inch isnt on sale and pretty pricey. I would shop around a bit, that light is bright enough for anything you would want to keep.

48" - 432 watts is what im assuming your looking at.

Back
Top Bottom