best marine fish food brand??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TRDfan

Aquarium Advice Freak
whats the best marine fish food out there?? I currently have a mbuna cichlid tank and they ALL love the "new life" cichlid food and i was wondering what the best marine fish food out there.

Im in the process of building my 29gallon salt and i figured ill order some food while im stocking up on my supplies. I plan on having a designer clown (snowflake or picasso), a dwarf angle, a purple firefish and a cardinalfish

Ps-I did a search on food brands and nothing usefull poped out @ me

i would (and do) feed a variety of foods. i would not stick with just flake. i do like the "ocean nutrition" brand flakes though. "prime reef" and "formula 2 marine pellet" are what i'm using at the moment. no complaints, but i only use the processed foods about twice a week. i make my own fish food as well, with fresh ingredients.

I too use ocean nutrition. But as Doug said variety is the key. I feed flake, vitamin fortified brine and frozen mysis. I also feed dried seaweed sheets.

i would (and do) feed a variety of foods. i would not stick with just flake. i do like the "ocean nutrition" brand flakes though. "prime reef" and "formula 2 marine pellet" are what i'm using at the moment. no complaints, but i only use the processed foods about twice a week. i make my own fish food as well, with fresh ingredients.

how would i find out if te fish i plan on keeping need a "high" or "low" protein diet?? thats pretty much the only difference i see btwn the formula 1 and formula 2 pellets.

what ingrediants do you use to make your own food??

I made my own cichlid food and those d*mn buggers didnt eat it...lol. It was a cucumber/lettice/garlic mix that 90% of it settle down on the substrate cuz they didnt like it...lol. Hopefuly ill have better luck with my marine family

For homemade marine, basically anything from the fresh seafood section at the grocery store - scallops, clams, shrimp, mollusks, squid, etc.

For frozen food my fish prefer Rod's. Excellent mixture of ingredients and I believe each individual finds their favorite in it.

Just wondering, what are some fresh food I can make for my fish? I heard blending certain food is good but I have no recipes.

For homemade marine, basically anything from the fresh seafood section at the grocery store - scallops, clams, shrimp, mollusks, squid, etc.

wow....they might not get those cuz i love the listed items too...lol

I feed New Era - Marine Flakes for 2 weeks, then Aegis Flakes for 2 weeks with Enriched Brine or Mysis twice a week when I feed my LPS. I also use the New Era LPS Pellets when I don't have time to thaw/soak frozen food for my LPS.

i agree a variety of food is best, i feed my fish new life spectrum marine formula as dry food, i also feed mysis and an instant ocean herbivor block that everyone seems to like, even my shrimp

Back
Top Bottom