best natural way to keep nitrates down.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea but they need to be pointing directly at the screen with full coverage of the whole screen like in my vid not from overhead like you have them .

Thats the best I can get them. They're no pointing straight down either. They're at a 45 degree angle and if you follow the line it hits the screen dead center and spreads throughout the whole thing.

Trust me it isn't going to work like it is supposed to. Best think to do is hang them against the glass and hope they are close enough to the screen . If not expect very patchy algae growth with minimal results .

They don't fit any other way. That's what I'm saying. It's going good so far so I'll leave them and if it's too "patchy" then I'll try to move them around.

Will this work if the light is right up against the scrubber? I just cut the reflector do it would fit.

Attachments

• image-3105464599.jpg
    image-3105464599.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 74
  • image-640581724.jpg
    image-640581724.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 95
No no if you don't silicon the bulbs in they will get damaged and a potential safety hazard . Look at my pic see the stick on hooks ? That's all you need

Attachments

• image-2687056904.jpg
    image-2687056904.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 64
What do you mean silicone the bulbs in? The clamps are not going to fall I made sure of that. I have also had a light hanging light that for months with no problems.

I would just be worried about splashing and evap causing creep in the sockets . If it worked for you in the past give it a try

Alright thanks I will. My old bulb was covered in creep but still was going strong and didn't erupt in flames LOL. I have seen lights over open top tanks thy were COVERED in creep and still worked. This would be better than the other way for growth though correct?

hard to tell from the pic . it looks like the light isnt hitting the whole screen . you may need bigger lamps

it should be but the brightness isnt really a concern . its the full coverage of the screen . try it out and if you have bare spots then you know you need more. i have 4 10inch lamps on my 18 by 12 screen

Alright will do. Thanks forte help. The very first part of the slot doesn't really trickle very much water so I will try to focus the light to the majority of the screen which does.

no problem. it takes some tinkering with the angle and ties at times. I personally had to make like 5 slot pipes before i got one that i was happy with. Just make small daily adjustments as needed to get it where it needs to be

Back
Top Bottom