best nitrate reducing media?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Animal-Chin

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have an extra phosban 150 reactor laying around, I figured I'd add some nitrate media to it. Any suggestions? Biopellets? Is there a good brand or something?

Oh I'm set, I've got a 125 packed with liverock and I do weekly waterchanges. My nitrates are under 5 right now so I don't have an issue really. I just have an extra reactor so I thought why not take the nitrates down to 0 instead of having it collect dust. I'm already running gfo so I have 0 phosphates...

Oh I'm set, I've got a 125 packed with liverock and I do weekly waterchanges. My nitrates are under 5 right now so I don't have an issue really. I just have an extra reactor so I thought why not take the nitrates down to 0 instead of having it collect dust. I'm already running gfo so I have 0 phosphates...

Biopellets is probably the best one, given you have a good skimmer.

I tried the Nitra guard bio pellets. Reduced my nitrates from 20 ppm to 0 ppm in about 3 weeks. Great product.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Though not a media to run, there are great success stories from those that run algae turf scrubbers. It is an easy DIY job and not very expensive to put together.

NO3PO4X (NOPOX) by RedSea® with a powerfull protein skimmer everyday made my nitrates from 5ppm to 0 in less than two weeks w/o water changes.

This won't work and potencially poison your tank if you don't have protein skimmer.

Back
Top Bottom