Best Place to buy fish online?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robocop

Aquarium Advice Activist
Any suggestions on a good online pet store? I’ve given up on the local fish stores in Houston because their stock is poorly maintained and I keep experiencing losses from them. I always QT my fish but they never make it to the main tank because they either develop ich or some other parasite before show time.

You cannot beat the guarantee from liveaquaria.com. I have always been super happy with what they have sent to me.

Is there a reason you posted the same thing twice, 13 minues apart Raker? Would you like me to delete one of them for you?

Most of my stock has come from fishsupply.com and liveaquaria. Fishsupply has sent me better items but they guarantee is 5 days (but stock is healthier) As Hara said you can not beat the guarantee liveaquaria offers. Looks like they bumped the free shipping min to $225 from $125 That stinks.

I actually used LiveAquarium this past week. The 14gt is the best I've seen. I've only had the fish for a few days, but so far so good. It seemed to be in excelent condition. I thought marinedepotlive.com would be good, but they sent me this racoon butherfly with a very visable infection. Their site is very good and they gave me a store credit and all I had to do was take a picture of the fish. The shipping is a little less expensive also.

you arent going to find free shipping without a substantial purchase, the stores can't afford to do it. If you are going to buy online, expect 25 and up for shipping.

Hi Raker...LOL...hey, it's the one place I personally know takes good care of the fish. The fish are given a rest period after transhipping. Those that need treatments get treated before being OK for sale whether online or in the store.

Most online places will take good care of the fish. It's not cost effective not to because not only can the purchase itself be lost due to returns, but there's a loss on shipping too and that can get really expensive.

Back
Top Bottom