Best place to buy live rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gibbin94

Aquarium Advice Regular
I want to put more LR in my 26 gallon tank, where is the best place to order live rock from?

If your tank is already running and established i would look at buying dry rock and just letting it cure over time. It is a lot cheaper. Since it is dry it is much easier to ship (no overnight or two day shipping) and you don't pay for all the water weight.

+1 to dry or base rock.
If not, most of the time, getting LR is easiest from your LFS. If you ship it from a decent distance, you are going to get significant die off and still have a fairly large cycle.

Yup, the guys are right about dry rock. If you are just looking to add more rocks then buying dry rock would the best bet. In that case, reefcleaners.org has some very good quality dry rock for great prices. Plus, they are one of our site's sponsors. :)

Matt

i hate to chime in late but base rock is the way to go, i had a ton of left over live rock from another tank and saved it for my new 55g. Here in 3 months it will look just like the rest of my rock. Save a ton, and some base rock your LFS might have even have beautiful shapes and make great roofs or great in between, or flat peices.

Yes. It`s rock that used to be live rock but is dried up and needs to start over and be cured. There is no more nitrifying bacteria on the rock.

Back
Top Bottom