Best place to by LR rubble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tripper

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am replacing the bio balls in my wet/dry filter with LR rubble. I want to find the place that has the cheapest rubble. I am not concerned with hitchikers or too much corraline, would just like to add to my biofiltration and get my nitrates down a bit. Any suggestions?

I just rec'd LR rubble from liverocks.com, good price and got more that I paid for. They call it Live base rock. Email Mike and let him know what you want and he'll get it for you.

HTH

--Logan

I wanted to go with liverocks.com but they are not shipping until the 17th. I know, I'm impatient, but I would like to get this done ASAP, that's why i'm looking for other options.

tripper

Check LFS in your area. Ask them if you can have all of the rubble peices in the bottom of the boxes they get thier LR shipped in. That is what I did. I got over 40lbs for free from my LFS. Just make sure you cure it the same way you do regular LR. My LFS would just throw it in the cureing tanks and cure it for me. When I needed it they let me dig it out. However, now they are requesting extra rubble from their distributor and selling it for $3.50 a lb.

get some dry rock from hirocks.com, I just got 60lbs of it and it will be live in just a little while.

Thanks for the suggestions. Also, if I already have a stable tank and 120 lbs of LR, will I need to cure the rubble or can I just throw it in and let the rest of the bacteria in the tank take care of the die off?

I would still cure it to be on the safe side. If you do not, add it a little at a time over the course of a few weeks to let the biofilter catch up.

Back
Top Bottom